
Starting off with the sad news...though the tomatoes & broccoli are yummy, sadly the cauliflower is not. I'm thinking it was just too darn hot, but the florets really separated and there was a purple cast to it. When I tasted it the aftertaste was just killer--burned like a shot of Tequila (which as with the cauliflower, I only needed to try once!)

So now that I've taken most of the cauliflower out, we can see that I DO still have jalapenos! And I guarantee that mine are salmonella free! :-)

So here's the exciting news for the day--I have FIVE artichokes growing! WOW!!! I didn't notice the smaller ones until today. The big one is getting to be a nice size and really stands out. The big one is probably about 4 inches tall so far.

Broccoli is continuing to look great and I've been clipping just what I need every day--I've got several nice sized heads of broccoli!

My very first "dinner plate dahlia" bloom is still opening up. They just have grown so tall that I got some help tying them up a bit.
Ok, but I need to enlist a little help as well. I'm noticing that my cucumber plants are not looking so great...Some of the cukes are starting to have very odd shapes, and lots of the leaves are turning yellow, then brown--especially around the center or base of the plants. Thoughts??
Sam and Ed stopped by the other day and Sam said it was like visiting a farmer's market--she got to take a little of everything :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment